Update Garmin Nuvi 55LM – Get Simple And Quick Methods
In this global world, it is quite tough to travel without map-reading. Searching new route and reaching out to the destination soon can be troublesome. But when one is using the Garmin Nuvi 55LM device, the travel becomes smoother and easier. It is an easy-to-use and very effective GPS tracker that comes with ultimate numerous features. The facilities you may achieve using this product is: Free life time maps, dual orientation, photo real junction view, advanced highway mode, travel guide, and many more. But at the same time, it is also vital to Update Garmin Nuvi 55LM for grabbing newly integrated navigation functions. Thus, there is no need to take stress for losing your way ever again. Here, you will learn the updating procedures for your Garmin Nuvi product. Therefore, keep your eyes seriously feast on the blog post.
Benefits Can Be Availed With Garmin Nuvi 55LM
With such an innovative and light-weighted GPS navigator, you can grab several profits. Even after updating Garmin Nuvi 55LM, you will get more advantages like:
- Life-Time Traffic Updates: Once you do Garmin GPS Update for your Nuvi 55LM device, you’ll have a lifetime traffic updates facility. Furthermore, you will be applicable for free lifetime movements across the world. The Garmin Nuvi 55LM Update provides you with free lifetime maps so you won’t take the wrong turn while driving. Conclusively, getting this update is going to be fully worth it and also helpful in saving your quality time.
- 24X7 Active Path Directives:This helps you to find your real path without putting in much effort. This feature enables you to view a transparent path more clearly, enjoy your trip, and finally land at your destination. If any twist and turns come across in your path, it makes you visible. Thus, you will already be prepared for avoiding all the hurdles and hindrances occurring within the path.
- Active Declaration: There are settings within the Garmin Nuvi Update that lets you control over every now and then you hear active declaration. You’ll adjust or synchronize an address or an area, which can make a clear visualization of your destination.
- Prompt Warnings:The Garmin Nuvi Update also helps in confirming a pop-up notification or warning messages about the faculties and hospitals ahead. If you approach a faculty zone, you’ll receive warning notification to limit your speed and drive securely.
NOTE: Before start updating your Garmin Nuvi 55LM device, make sure the system has an uninterrupted internet connection.
Procedures For Updating Garmin Nuvi 55LM
You can update it in the official way simply by downloading and using a free program called Garmin Express. Additionally, you can also install community-created maps directly from an unaffiliated website. Here, we will show you what required steps should be taken for the Garmin Nuvi 55LM Update. Hence, give a glimpse of the below-noted instructions:
Method 1: Using Garmin Express
Garmin Express software helps the Garmin candidates to update, manage, or handle entire Garmin products in a hassle-free manner. So, you can download and install this specific software application on your Windows and use it for Garmin Nuvi Update. Here’s the complete guide for the same. Let’s follow:
- First, launch any web browser on your computer.
- Thereafter, access Garmin Express’s official site on your computer’s browse.
- Next, click the “Download for Windows” tab shown a blue-button in the middle of the page.
- Now, the Garmin Express setup file will begin downloading on your PC.
- If you want to install Garmin Express on your Mac, click the “Download for Mac” tab instead.
- Well, the Garmin Express Installation file is completely free from viruses.
Once the setup file gets downloaded completely, install it now
- Windows – Give a double-tap on the setup file and follow any prompts to the “Install” page. Then, check the “I have read and agreed to the terms and conditions” box. Now, click “Install” and then tap “Yes” if prompted.
- Mac – Open the Garmin Express DMG file first. Now, verify the software if necessary. Then, click and drag the Garmin Nuvi app icon onto the “Applications” folder and follow the prompted guidelines.
- After successfully downloading and installing Garmin Express, attach your Garmin Nuvi 55LM to your computer. What you have to do is: Plug one end of the Garmin Nuvi’s charging cable into the Garmin Nuvi unit. Thereafter, plug the USB end into one of your PC’s ports.
- On Mac, you have to use a USB 3.0 to Thunderbolt adapter for linking the Garmin Nuvi product.
- Now, place a double-tap on the Garmin Express app icon to open it.
- Next, click the “Get Started” tab which is a blue-button placed near the top of the Garmin Express window.
- Click the “Add a Device” tab from the upper-left side of the window.
- Now, click “Add Device” if prompted. Doing this, the Garmin Nuvi 55LM setup process will begin.
- Now, open the dashboard which is the page with the house-shaped icon. This icon is in the upper-left corner.
- From the top of the Window, click “Install Now”. The Garmin Nuvi product will begin updating. Wait for a while till the process ends.
- It can take several hours for installing the Garmin Nuvi 55LM Updates.
- Once the installation gets done, you can remove the Garmin Nuvi safely from your PC.
- Every now and then you can re-update your Garmin products at any time by just opening Garmin Express. Clicking the house-shaped tab, selecting Garmin Nuvi, and clicking Install All.
Method 2: Using Maps From Other Sources
Here’s the informative guidance for updating Garmin Nuvi 55LM via using Maps from other sources:
- The OpenStreetMap is a community-driven site that hosts information and maps regarding places all over the world. Download and install these maps on your Garmin Nuvi 55LM.
- Maps download as a .img file. Just rename the file to gmapsupp.img if it has a different name.
- Download a free map image file via navigating the official site of OpenStreetMap.
- Afterward, connect your Garmin Nuvi product to your computer directly by using a USB cable.
- It is highly recommended you close Garmin Express if the application is already installed on your computer.
- Put your Nuvi into “USB Mass Storage” mode. Doing this you can frequently copy files to and from the GPS.
- Open the Garmin’s storage on your system. Here’s how:
- Windows – Press the “Win + E” key to open File Explorer; click “This PC” in the upper-left corner of the window. Then, double-tap the Garmin Nuvi’s name noted below the “Devices and drives” heading.
- Mac – The Garmin Nuvi’s name appears on the desktop. If it doesn’t, open Finder and then click the Garmin Nuvi’s name on the left side of the window.
- Open the “Garmin” or “Map” folder.
- Now, copy the downloaded map file and paste it into the “Map” or “Garmin” folder.
- The processing time may vary on the basis of the size of the file.
- Afterward, disconnect the Garmin Nuvi 55LM from your computer.
- Now, load the new map on your Garmin device after it reboots. Though, it is required to disable the base map when downloading a new map to avoid overlapping. Here’s how:
- Go to the “Tools” menu and then select “Settings”
- Choose the “Map” icon and then select “Map Info”
- Uncheck your old map’s box.
- Check your new map’s box.
Dial 24/7 Helpline Number For Additional Info Regarding Nuvi updates
I hope you got success in updating your Garmin Nuvi 55LM device. If in case, you got stuck at some point while updating your Garmin Nuvi product, feel free to contact us. We are highly expert in handling all the problematic issues related to Garmin. So, connect with us via the helpline number and lend a helping hand to us.