Best Ways to Tackle the Garmin Express Install and Update Failed
Garmin, a multinational company based in America, has put forward various efficient GPS technological solutions. Their devices are used in automotive, aviation, and sports activities. Garmin Express is the desktop app that helps users manage their Garmin devices post plugging them with USB cables. But the app also faces various compatibility issues, especially with the Windows operating system. Garmin Express install and update failed is one of the major problems reported by users. The error message ‘Install Failed’ occurs on the computer screen. It’s also possible for the installer not to launch. In this article, you will find out different resolutions to fix this problem.
Read Also – Why Gmail Express Not Working
Troubleshoot Garmin Express Install and Update Failed
You do not need to wait for endless hours to overcome this issue. Use these resolutions and update Garmin Express.
1. Restart the System
Both Windows and Mac users should start by switching off and on their systems. Below are the steps for users of both these operating systems.
- Windows computer
- Windows 8.1 and 10 users should start by right-tapping the ‘Start‘ button.
- After that, hit ‘Power.’
- Now, tap ‘Shut down or sign out.’
- After that, click ‘Restart.’
- After your computer restarts, attempt to install the update.
- Mac OS or OS X users can begin by tapping the Apple icon present on the menu bar.
- After that, click ‘Restart…‘
- Now, click the ‘Restart‘ option to confirm your action.
- After your Mac restarts, check if the problem is still there.
2. Ensure that you are Using a Personal Computer
The Garmin Express application is developed to help you manage Garmin devices. But don’t forget that it isn’t compatible with phones or tablets. You must use it with a personal computer that’s equipped with a USB port for a data cable.
If you are installing the application on a business computer and find Garmin Express install failed, it might be that the computer has certain restrictions. These may be set by the management team. So, you need to eliminate those restrictions so that it can be installed.
3. Install Garmin Express in Compatibility Mode
If you are repeatedly failing to install Garmin Express properly, it’s likely that your current Windows OS doesn’t support it. In such a case, you can run Garmin Express in compatibility mode.
- Download the Garmin Express and save it to a place you can access easily.
- Now, right-tap and choose ‘Properties.’
- After that, tap the ‘Compatibility‘ tab.
- Now insert a checkmark beside ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for.’
- Now choose a Windows version from the drop-box.
- Place a right-tap on the executable and choose ‘Run as administrator.’
- After that, carry out the process of installation.
- Post installation, start your system again.
4. Find if your Operating System Fulfills the Requirements for Garmin Express
Garmin Express install and update failed error shows when Windows/Mac system doesn’t fulfill the basic requirements for Garmin Express. Below are the system requirements for Windows and Mac users to download Garmin Express.
- You must have Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or later than that.
- A display of 1024 X 768 is needed.
- You need Microsoft.Net 4.7.2.
- A RAM of 1 GB is required.
- You also need a USB port.
- Your disk should have 20 GB of free space.
- An active internet connection.
- You need OS X 10.11 or later than that.
- A display of 1440 X 900 is needed.
- A RAM of 1 GB.
- You need a USB port.
- Active internet connectivity is crucial.
- A space of 20 GB in the disk.
6. Disable the Antivirus
Garmin Express is compatible with a majority of security software. But is the computer on which you are trying to download the update in a business setting? If yes, you cannot overlook the presence of very strong security applications.
These can certainly interfere with Garmin Express. So, disable the software. If it doesn’t yield the desired outcome and you find Garmin Express install and update failed issue, use another computer.
7. Check if your Internet Connection Fulfills Garmin Express Requirements
While checking the internet connection, you must ensure that it is as per the requirements set by Garmin. Here are some pointers you should adhere to..
- You need an internet connection like DSL or cable to use Garmin Express properly. It’s because it has a significantly high speed.
- You cannot use Garmin Express with your mobile broadband. The application is not meant to be used with cell phone tethering, 4G, 5G, satellite, or dial-up internet connections.
- If you cannot download the update, check with your internet service provider. They will tell you the type of internet connection you are employing and how to best optimize its speed.
- Know that certain downloadable Map products of Garmin have a size that spans several gigabytes. If your ISP has placed a cap on the data you can download, tell them to exceed the limit.
- Check with your ISP if your internet service can be restricted. If it is being throttled, Map update downloads will consume a lot of time.
8. Uninstall the earlier Garmin Express version.
The Garmin Express install failed error can also be resolved by fully uninstalling the previous versions of Garmin Express. Here is how you can uninstall this application fully from your system.
- Windows 11
- Choose the ‘Start‘ button followed by ‘Settings.’
- Now select the ‘Apps‘ option.
- Continue ahead by choosing ‘Apps & Features.’
- Locate ‘Garmin Express.’
- After that, tap on the three dots beside its option.
- Select the ‘Uninstall‘ option.
- Confirm your action by tapping ‘Uninstall‘ again.
- Windows 10
- Tap the ‘Start’ button.
- Now pick ‘Settings.’
- Tap ‘Apps‘ followed by ‘Apps & Features.’
- Tap ‘Garmin Express‘ followed by ‘Uninstall.’
Read Also – Garmin Express Application For Mac
You can’t leverage new features of Garmin Express if you cannot resolve the Garmin Express install and update failed error. Use this troubleshooting to get the new updates and manage your Garmin devices easily. If you need additional assistance, speak to the professionals of a technical support team.