How to troubleshoot the Garmin Express Error Installing the Content Issue?
Garmin is a very popular platform that has made the lives of numerous people easy to a significant extent. Garmin Express is developed to be the only destination for Garmin users to update maps, their software, manage favorites, register a device, and so much more. Windows XP and Mac OS users can download its latest version from the official Garmin Express website. But many users, after purchasing downloadable content (DLC) maps, find certain problems when they endeavor to activate a new map purchase in Garmin Express. When they click the ‘Activate’ button, they encounter the error messages ‘There was an error installing the content’ and ‘We are unable to activate your purchase at this time.’ If you’re wondering how you can resolve the Garmin Express Error Installing the Content problem, you will find the answer in this post.
Steps to Take for Resolving the Garmin Express Error Installing the Content Problem
The first thing you can do to resolve this problem is to set the appropriate date, time, and zone settings on your system. Garmin.com/express cannot connect with Garmin servers if the time, date, and zone settings are inappropriately set on your device. The steps to set it correctly for both Windows and Mac users are given below.
You can set the right date and time on your Windows device to troubleshoot the Garmin Express Update error. Go through the steps given below.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows keys.
- Now, in the search bar, input ‘Date and Time’ and choose it from the list given.
- You’ll see a dialogue box appearing on the screen. Now, from the top, choose ‘Date and Time.’ You should inspect the settings properly.
- If you notice incorrect settings, tap on the tab of ‘Change Date and Time.’
- After making the needed changes, tap ‘OK.’ You can see this button on the end part of the page.
After successfully completing these steps, you’ll be able to set the right date and time, and time zone settings.
As with Windows, you can set the correct date and time on your Mac device as well. For it, follow the points mentioned below.
- Tap on the ‘Apple’ menu.
- Now, from the list, choose ‘System Preferences.’ You will see the appearance of a dialogue box on the screen. Tap on the ‘Date and Time’ icon.
- Now, tap on the ‘lock’ icon to make the required changes. You can see this icon at the bottom.
- You are now required to input the Mac password and username in the relevant fields.
- Tap on the ‘Unlock’ button.
- Now from the top select ‘Date and Time’ and then choose the right ‘Date and Time.’
- After this, tap on the ‘Save’ button.
- Likewise, you are required to choose ‘Time Zone.’ After making the required changes, click ‘OK.’
Inspect the Disk Space of Your Device
If your device lacks adequate space, you will encounter the Garmin Express Error Installing the Content problem. In such a case, you have to inspect the disk space of your device. The steps for Windows and Mac users to check it are given below.
Windows users should start by pressing the Windows + E keys simultaneously on their keyboard. Further, in the section of ‘Computer’, on the left side, right-click ‘Local Disk.’ Select ‘Properties’ from the list. You will find the disk space on the dialogue box on your screen.
Mac users should first tap the ‘apple’ icon on the menu. Afterward, tap ‘About this Mac’ from the displayed options list. On the pop-up box, tap the ‘More info’ tab. Select the ‘Storage’ tab. After that, you will be able to see the disk space available on your device easily.
Verify the Internet Connection
When you are activating the maps that you have bought from www.garmin.com/express, make sure that you have a secure private connection. It is much better than a free Wi-Fi or public connection. To have a good internet speed, go through the steps mentioned below. They will allow you to reset the internet connection.
- Switch off the modem by pressing the button On/Off.
- You are also required to plug out the cable from its electrical outlet.
- Wait for a period of 15 to 20 seconds.
- Now, turn the power of your modem on and enable the settings of internet connection on your device.
Restart Your System
Don’t worry if the methods mentioned above did not resolve your Garmin activation or installation problem. You can restart your system. It will help you in effective troubleshooting of this issue. Garmin.com/express is a code developed for only setup purposes. You can use it to prevent the wasting of various maps and well likable locations and places. It helps in keeping your system updated. So, it’s always advised to update it.
Read Also:- Why Garmin Connect not working
Need Help For Garmin Express Error Installing the Content Issue?
Do not worry if you are faced with the Garmin Express Error Installing the Content issue. You have numerous troubleshooting techniques at your disposal. Set the appropriate date and time on your Windows or Mac device. Checking your disk space and verifying the internet connection are other effective ways to eliminate this problem. Contact Garmin Support experts if you are unable to find a resolution. They are happy to assist you whenever the need arises.