Garmin is a differentiated brand that produces consumer-friendly, marine, and professional aviation devices using the Global positioning system to provide navigation assistance. On the other hand, Garmin Connect is an app that intends to help its users to stay in shape and make the most of their exercise. But there can be times when your Garmin Device Not Working with iPhone IOS 13.
Updating your Maps makes sure that your device calculates accurate and efficient routes for your destinations.
- To Garmin GPS Update you need to go to www.garmin.com/express on your computer.
- Now you need to select an option, from download for Windows or Mac version.
- When you click on the option, the file will automatically be downloaded.
- Now open the file and follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Connect your Garmin device with a PC using a USB cable.
- When the Garmin Express software detects your device, enter your email address.
- Now click on the save device option and click “Check for Updates”.
- Then select the update to install and then click on Install now button.
- Now disconnect your device.
- You have now finished installing the update.
- Select the eject safely option to disconnect your device and unplug the USB cable.
Now simply install your GPS back in your desired vehicle and leave the directions on it.
Getting the Bluetooth Permission Required Message on the Garmin Connect App
- Updating the iPhone to IOS 13 means settings for your Garmin device to connect with your phone have changed. If you are experiencing this issue following updating your phone, make sure to review the below:
- The Garmin device connects to the phone initially but then fails to stay connected.
- Not able to sync data from the device to Garmin connect.
- When the smart notification is not displayed on the Garmin Device.
- Widgets available on the Garmin Device like weather, calendar, etc, are not working anymore.
How to Fix the Issue Garmin device not Working with an iPhone running on IOS 13?
If you are facing connectivity issues with your Garmin device after updating to IOS 13, you are not the only one, as the company has recognized the issue and published a support article briefing the details about this.
Simply follow the below-mentioned steps in order to resolve the issues you are experiencing with the update.
When the app Displays the message “Bluetooth is turned off”
- Turn on your iPhone and open the setting and scroll down to find the option named “Connect”.
- Tap on that option to turn on the toggle Bluetooth sharing.
- Make sure that the settings of your iPhone should always be on always and the toggle should be always on. Now check whether your Garmin device has connected properly or not.
When you are no Longer Getting the Smart Notification on your Garmin device.
- Turn on your iPhone and open the setting and select.
- Now, select notifications from the list.
- Here you need to select how you want to get the notification.
- Select either “show preview”, Always or when unlocked from the list.
- Under the notification style option, select Messages.
- Set the notification to on for the messages.
- The alert option needs to be checked and the show preview must be on when unlocked.
- This can be repeated for every app listed under notification type on your iPhone.
When you are getting a Pairing Failed Message on your iPhone
If you are getting a pairing failed message when adding your Garmin device to the Garmin Connect app, apply the subsequent solutions that can resolve the problem.
- First of all, enter the six digits code displaying on your Garmin device into your phone carefully. Entering this code wrong or not entering this code may result in pairing failure.
- If the issue persists, choose retry. Because sometimes attempting the second time may result in finishing the process.
- Now reboot the Garmin device by powering it off and then turn it on again.
- For devices with no button, you need to plug them with the chagrin cable to reboot them.
- Reboot the phone by powering it off and then turn it on.
Read Also- How to Update Garmin Nuvi ?
We hope that this blog would have helped you to install Garmin GPS Update and fix the Garmin device not working with an iPhone running on IOS 13 in an effortless manner. If you have any dilemmas or queries related to the Garmin device, feel free to dial our Garmin Support number.